Zinc is the most important element in the body. It is necessary for protein synthesis, for the production of vital hormones. A person’s health can deteriorate significantly if there is not enough zinc in their body.
The role of zinc in human life
Zinc takes part in the following processes:
- Enhances the appearance.
- Regulates the sebum glands.
- Promotes faster wound healing.
- It stimulates the production of the necessary hormones.
- Strengthens the bone system and teeth.
- Helps absorb vitamin A.
- it speeds up your metabolism.
- Improves the functioning of the brain.
- Helps the genitourinary system work.
- Activates the body’s defenses.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Supports a woman’s body during pregnancy.
Signs of lack of zinc in the body
When there isn’t enough zinc, the body begins to signal it. How it manifests:
- Metabolic processes are disturbed.
- There is irritability, unwillingness to do something, passivity.
- Visual acuity decreases.
- The perception of taste is impaired.
- Hair begins to fall out and nails begin to break.
- There is tremor in the extremities.
- The level of protection of the body is reduced.
- The coordination of movements is impaired.
- Start worrying about rashes.
- You lose your appetite.
Attention! Future zinc deficiency in the body can lead to cancer, infertility, cirrhosis of the liver, brain disease, and epilepsy.
How do you take zinc?
Zinc can be bought in the form of tablets in a pharmacy. It is prescribed from the age of 4 years. The use of zinc in tablets should only be recommended by your doctor.
For adults, the daily norm is 1-2 tablets. They are taken one hour before a meal or 2 hours after. The dose and regimen can be changed depending on the results of the patient tests.
Zinc intake is normally well tolerated by patients and side effects are rare.
Attention! Zinc in tablets is contraindicated in people with individual intolerance to the drug and lactose.
Which products contain zinc?
Doctors say it is much more effective to get this trace element from food than to go through drug therapy. Those looking to increase zinc levels in their bodies have been shown to use the following products:
- Germinated wheat. You can eat it yourself or add it to salads by frying it a little in natural vegetable oil.
- Oysters. In addition to zinc, oysters are rich in minerals, proteins, and proteins, and these elements are also beneficial to the body.
- Sesame seeds. They strengthen the general state of health and restore the hormonal balance well. Sesame seeds are usually added to baked goods, salads, and meat dishes. Sesame oil is on offer and can be smeared on bread. Some people use sesame seeds to make homemade kozinaki or granola.
- Linseed. Good for the brain and heart. They are often used to treat inflamed bowels. Flax seeds are added to smoothies and salads and used as a condiment.
- Pumpkin seed. They lower the level of cholesterol in the blood, relieve the condition of menopause in women, improve potency in men and improve the quality of sleep. Some people add them to a salad, others eat them as a separate dish when they want something to snack on.
- Oatmeal. It makes sense to start the day with a plate of oatmeal porridge. Thanks to him, the growth of beneficial bacteria is carried out in the intestines. Oatmeal is beneficial for diabetics as it regulates blood sugar levels.
- Cocoa powder. Zinc contained in cocoa powder perfectly strengthens the immune system. In addition to preparing a chocolate drink, cocoa can be added to cocktails and filled with fruit salads.
Zinc is an important element that helps the body function properly. It is found in food and is sold as tablets in pharmacies.